Thursday, December 30, 2010

RX78-2 Ver 2.0 Review!



Project RX78-2 Version 2.0
====================
Manufacturer: 高高模型
Scale: 1/100
Series: MG
Origin: RX 78-2 Version 2.0
Price: Normal price - 70
Estimated Time Completion: 10 hours
Actual Time Completion: 4 Hours Used. (In Progress)


First of All, I would like to wish Everyone and all my follower of the blog and also frequent visit of my blog a very Happy New Year in 2011. Thanks for visiting my blog.. thanks for the support. Cheers...

A Quick Review of the BAPA Gundam!(RX78-2 Ver 2.0) XD!

Inner Frame
- Plastic quality is nice.
- Snap-fit is done nicely.
- Firm and easily fitted into.. without much of the problem at all.
- There're Pistons for the hand and trust me.. the hand was very detail..
- There're needs to put on coloring on the piston to make it look real cool!..
- The Legs and Fingers are still in progress.. but the way I see from the runner.. it was awesome..

Joints/Articulation
- Joints are very firm and good quality
- Articulation is fantastic as you can see from the photos of the hand.. look at how it can bend!

Exterior Armour
- Plastic quality hard and good.
- Colour is just nice, as it comes in a dull color.. It can be sprayed to other color scheme!.. Maybe a Metallic Finish? or it can be into a Flat Finish, or even a Glossy Finish.. It could be just done on weathering.. to make it a little worn off battle damage..
- The result for doing that, 1 word can be categorize it.. Supreme Awesome!

Buying Recommendation
- If you are in a budget constrain, this is a good choice.
- If you are looking forward to painting and modding, do get this :)
- Seriously recommend this guy because it's 98% same as the original and if I'm not mistaken, the price for the original cost almost 1 1/2 more than the price of this kit.
- But for sure I would still say this, if you really have the money and still don't trust other brand than Bandai.. Don't buy :)

Cheers.
bZai

12 comments:

bZai said...

Extremely love this kit..! and It's my First 2011 MG from TT Hongli!.. I'm Loving It.. !

The Kamen Rider Fan said...

nice review man.

im also planning to buy this kit as my 1st MG from TT Hongli. :)

bZai said...

To Kamen Rider Fan::

It's a nice Kit bro.. trust me.. TT hongli is not just snap fit n done.. coz this is the kit that can polish our skills :) haha.. Cheers to u :)

I've yet to finish this kit.. I will update this post once again after all completion :)

weyliam said...

nice 1 bro,
would love to see your finish assembled gundam,
planning to get 2 TTHongli from takumi soon...
but still need some more reviews on the items before getting it,
still afraid to use money on it for now :(

bZai said...

Hey bro weyliam, haha.. dun worry about the details.. I will try my best to finish this kit the soonest and do best review here.. lately.. was kinda stuck at doing my project T_T ... I mean my real job as a professional software engineer.

but if you want to see the fully assembled kit.. maybe you can try ask takumikun to show it to u once u do COD with him :) cheers ya!..

weyliam said...

thx for the tip bZai,
just bought infinite justice from takumikun,
i still don't see any different from Bandai and GaoGao even if i have not start assembly yet,
but my friend said he could see the off color of inifnite justice with the anime,

do tell me what's really the difference between bandai and gaogao ya,
coz i've read so much reviews,
they still mentioned "If you plan on assemble without paint, get the Bandai Version"

and that 1 sentence gives me a dilemma, haha

cool, software engineer, bet its tough =.=...

bZai said...

Hi Weyliam,

sorry for the late reply, my infinite justice.. but is SD version
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1417584/+1880

anyway.. just fyi the color maybe of cause a little different.. actually TT hongli if you straight built is not so nice.. u really need to add the decal and some panel lining n if the color are not that striking.. u can add some gloss coating on them.. or even change the color.. Don't worry!.. you're not alone on this.. any problem just ask me.. feel free to ask anything :) I have many sifu + friends + own experience to answer you.

Cheers,
bZai

weyliam said...

haha, no worries bro,
color it as in respray it?
oh god, now that is too massive =.=...
i've only just learned to put decals,

i sorta bought the gundam marker that comes with 5 or 6 colors if you buy the set,
what is it used for?
can it be used to recolor the gundams?

bZai said...

Hey bro weyliam,

ok, just fyi, the gundam color marker can also be used for painting your gundam.. but I could say if you use brush paint, it will have the brush stain, well.. need to be a good painter :P anyway.. if spray u can spray it more evenly, but for me, I got 3 sets of gundam marker, 1 is for Sango Kuden series, 1 is for Seed series, than another is for Weathering.. until now.. I just use it for touch up the parts where the gate and the parts of the gundam.

Remember this, for any Gundam, that you want it to be beautiful, need to have Patience.. apply paint job, touch up, panel lining, decal than finally top coat :) well.. this is the basic for a Gunpla builder.. usually do..

Cheers yo, put some passion in it :) u will do it great!

bZai

weyliam said...

thx bro,
but i'm having this problem,
can you help me out?

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1417584&st=1880&p=39411441&#entry39411441

bZai said...

Hi bro WeyLiam, Mind PM me ur problem at ascentic @ LYN or email me :) haha THanks..

weyliam said...

u got msn? if yes please do add me in here, cloud_strife900606@hotmail.com...
its easier to chat there though =D